It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 1:44 am

Post subject: Knightly Orders
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:51 am 

This question might not have an answer yet or it might be too far out to be answered. Either way, I'll ask because I am curious as to the direction factions might be introduced.

Given that the time frame is set for 1309:

Will there be a Knights Templar faction introduced at some point? 1307 was when King Philip IV of France had them arrested, imprisioned, and tortured. Pope Clement V disbanded the order in 1312. While small and closing fast, there is still a historic window open to the Knights of the Temple.

The Knights Hospitaller and Teutonic Knights were also active during this period. The Teutonic Knights and their hold over eastern parts of Germany-Poland-Lithuania is a large map chunk to introduce.

I really like the detail level that went into the French Knights and I would really look forward to scuplts of these knightly orders in the future. Thanks!

Ian

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Knightly Orders
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 pm 
Stupor Mundi

Yep, the same question came up on the French side.

The Templars are certainly alive and kicking (literally) in Ex illis. They separated from the Catholic Church in a dramatic fashion during the Crozada Coeli (which was the first blow that would inevitably kill all hope of victory for the Church during this conflict). They fell back into their many rich holdings throughout Europe and took a radical stance by creating small autonomous communities completely free of all fleaudian presence, including angels (which their leader, De Molay, considers to be creatures of the devil).

The other monastic orders (teutonic and hospitalers) are also very important but mostly active in areas of the world we haven't developed as much yet.

So yeah, they'll all be in! :) But we feel they are so important we really wanted to make a unique figurine for them as opposed to make them a subset of the Knight Baneret.

Cheers!
Fred

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 pm 

I asked this question in the french forum because I want to paint my banneret with the colors (white and red) of the Templar Order which the end is exactly at the time of Ex-Illis.

Fred answered me the knightly orders (templar, hospitaller and teutonic) of course will be in the game with specific units (in a unknown futur).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 pm 

Lol, the Boss answered 4 minutes before me: english is not my language.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:51 pm 

Thanks for the answer!

OfflineProfile