It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 1:41 am

Post subject: How many machines are needed
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 am 

I first heard about this while listening to the d6generation's podcast and was excited. I have since watched the videos on the net showcasing the game as well as waiting on my kit to get to me so I can actually see the mini's, however I do have a question. How many machines are needed to play? Do you have to use a single machine like the videos show or can both players have separate machines such as two itouches or two netbooks?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: How many machines are needed
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:16 am 

Hello,
You will be able to log two people into same machine or ipod device. Or you can each use your own, even one person using a laptop for instance and the other using their iTouch.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Beta!

Captain Mysto Out!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:15 am 

Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to know. While I like the idea of being able to use the same device, such as the itouch that was used at Gencon, I think it would limit the game if that was the only way to play.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:21 am 

mystojjt wrote:
Hello,
You will be able to log two people into same machine or ipod device. Or you can each use your own, even one person using a laptop for instance and the other using their iTouch.

Do you know how this will be handled in the event there is no internet access at the site?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:29 pm 
Stupor Mundi

Hey guys,

Depending on our progress during the beta, the 'LAN' functionality *may* be post release. It's a very-nice-to-have features (we have a working version of it, but it's not 100% complete), but one we won't delay the game for. One of those border-line functionality that'll squeeze in last minute or just after release.
Quote:
Do you know how this will be handled in the event there is no internet access at the site?

For that, it's pretty simple: You need to internet to login players (between 1 and... quite a few). Then you're free to unplug the machine, bring it where ever you want and play as many games as you want. You'll earn XP and all goodness once you reconnect to internet and log-out your profiles. There's a few edge-case scenarios we've been discussing as well, but that's the main idea.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm 

Friedrich wrote:
For that, it's pretty simple: You need to internet to login players (between 1 and... quite a few). Then you're free to unplug the machine, bring it where ever you want and play as many games as you want. You'll earn XP and all goodness once you reconnect to internet and log-out your profiles. There's a few edge-case scenarios we've been discussing as well, but that's the main idea.

But I gather that if you're playing where there is no access, both players need to be using the same client, right?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:34 pm 
I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject.

You can also have lans without internet access. Either wifi or wired.

OfflineProfile