It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 1:48 am

Post subject: Concerning deployment
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:27 pm 
Instigator of the Crozada Coeli

Deployment in Ex illis is a quite important game sequence. We had the question on our French forums about deploying army by army and let me assure you guys that it won't remain that way. What is planned about deployment is each player taking turns placing one of their unit (counting hero as the same unit as their retinue; those are assigned in your army list not in the deployment phase). The order in which you deploy your army will set the initial turn order for the battle. So deploying your big monster first will assure you to be one of the two first unit to play, but will also allow your opponent to place as much anti-monster stuff in front of him to counter it more easily.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Concerning deployment
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:00 pm 

Excellent! Great to hear more information about the future of the game. Having a more robust deployment situation will make for even more tactical options to think about, during army construction and deployment.

Great to hear. Keep up the great work. Can't wait for even more info about the future of the game.

Captain Mysto Out!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:17 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

When possible can you post how deployment effects the turn sequence (initiative). I would like to be able to decide or affect the order in which my units come up to be used. While playing a game Saturday, it became a bit frustrating not knowing when I would be able to use which units beyond the preview bar at the top of the screen. Not having that knowledge makes planing out tactics a bit hard. I guess I'm looking for the formula for initiative.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 am 
Instigator of the Crozada Coeli

You can drag the turnbar to see what is beyond the screen...
In fact, you can activate the help function and then click in the turnbar to have a more in depth view by action point totals.

The turn system is quite simple:
- Every unit constantly and progressively accumulates AcP until they reach 1000. When a unit is at 1000 AcP, it is its turn to act.
- Initiative tells you at what rate your unit gains AcP (the highest, the quicker).
- Every units have an Initiative of 10 except the Hobelars at 12 and Soffrances at 8.
- Ini goes down by 20% each time your fatigue bar changes color (rounded).
- Heroes and retinue wait for each other until both at 1000.

Hope this helps ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

good to know that helps alot. does each action take 1000 AcP or do some actions drain more / less than others? if so how can we know.

OfflineProfile