It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 10:33 pm

Post subject: Having a Brother-In-Arms at a much lower level
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:05 am 

My son has decided that he wants his own account, and so he has created a new user account.
We are going to be Brothers-in-arms, so he can use some of my figures.

However, he's only just starting, and I'm at level 22. How does this affect the units that I transfer to him? Do they stay at their level, but he can only create musters to the player level he is, or do they change level?

I hope it's the former, as I will be wanting to transfer the units back into my own collection for playing different armies...

(I know, I know, the answer is to buy him his own starter set!)

http://www.meeplesandminiatures.co.uk

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Having a Brother-In-Arms at a much lower level
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:22 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

yes units stay at their level and are not affected by changing back and forth between brother in arms accounts , sometimes when my son needs more points I'm move more extra units into his account so that he accumulates more points

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:55 am 

In my situation, my son as a new account, and all my units are level 20+
I assume this means that he can only use the units that are transferred to him at his maximum player level?

http://www.meeplesandminiatures.co.uk

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 am 

Correct his units cannot exceed his level.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:02 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Earthquake wrote:
In my situation, my son as a new account, and all my units are level 20+
I assume this means that he can only use the units that are transferred to him at his maximum player level?

you can always play anything goes and use the highest level that unit has obtained.

Try to play as many games as you can with all the units in play at the highest level the player can play, and try out crazy scenarios where one side has an enormous advantage, I call it learning games that also help accumulate battle points. You can deploy for example one Army on either side of another Army in an ambush scenario. The ambushed Army cannot fire on the Army hiding in the woods until they charge into battle or fire . You can try battles where you give the worst possible leadership to your units and see how easy they are at fleeing, these learning games help you understand the strength and weakness of units helps you gauge how many casualties it takes before unit flees.

The units at the higher levels give you such strategic skills sets as to make more complex battle strategies. I know that there are some players that like to play at lower levels, to me it's like driving a car in first gear, and not utilizing its abilities.

For example I have at least one of every unit at level 75 , now I seldom play more than one unit at that level.

One game my son and I have liked to play is 300 Spartans, three units of level 75 Spearman, with William Wallace, a Decurion and a mad Rabbi as the leaders. that's 36,950 base points, ( penalty points are ignored)
the other team builds from level 10 to level 20 of units so that they have a massive Persian Army.
we set the board up with obstacles to represent the hot Gates Pass that the Spartans are holding

The first several waves of the Persian army get mowed down by the Spartans but eventually they get tired and exhausted and start taking casualties, it's an exciting game where either side can win and you have to use good strategy .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:39 pm 

Just be sure to give him all the low level , rubbish units ;)

OfflineProfile