It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Post subject: Gloat
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:18 pm 

To use a gloat, baneret must defeat an enemy hero? Or must stay in a zone, where was enemy hero defeated?
What is the best master skill for Knight Baneret?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Gloat
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:09 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

my understanding is gloat, seems always be there even , I do not think it is linked to actually having to kill somebody to use the skill.

my favorite master skills are. momentum and King Killer, I usually pick momentum for KB (Knight Baneret) leading a unit of FC , and hero killer for the Army general as I play Him a bit more defensively.

Learning to use your KB & FC properly as they tire fast is an important element to winning most battles, I usually put them in reserves or out-of-the-way of Poison wind and wait until the endgame where the opponents troops are tired and morally beaten-down. Then I use mass charging for for the KB and the wedge for the FC most of the time that gets rid of whatever is in the tile, if there's a unit with a hero that has not run. I follow up with boast, further weakening their morale followed by FC intimidating attack.

So I usually give them items that keep up their stamina (fatigue prevention) , and protect them from missile fire,
I also have six items that all increase their intimidation making them really scary bad asses.

When I do use momentum I usually increase their initiative with items and give them as much fatigue prevention as I can, with items, chanting monks, and the Marrenne , so they can lead charge after charge and send enemy units scattering in all directions.

Hope this will help

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 pm 

Uf, that's great! I read in tactica that he must stay in zone with death hero.
I usually put my 2 units of FC to reserve too. But I mostly use Ravaging charge [to attack full unit of Billmen with Decurion, that is my main enemy]. I have equipments increasing armour and toughness, Hp and resistances. I must forge some intimidating equipment [because I read about your dread knights before, they are wery usefull].
I still have only 2 Brec'Helean halfstarters and 1 Mangonel, but I want additional FC and some Banerets.

question: When unit have CONFIDENT morale state, it have better accuracy.When unit have OVERCONFIDENT morale state, they have worse defenses and still better accuracy or only worse defenses?.
Thanks

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Yes the 20% accuracy bonus applies to overconfident in addition to a penalty of -10% on block, deflect, Evade.

The bonuses and minuses really don't affect the battle that much for example if a unit of Bill men has a basic melee accuracy of 24, a 20% bonus is going to make the number 26 and overconfident penalty on there evade of 10 down to a 9.

So if you can start in overconfident it usually has its benefits outweigh its penalty as morale loss usually determines who wins in the endgame.

Ravishing charge I also use on Yimps, peasants, and light infantry

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 pm 
Instigator of the Crozada Coeli

Here's the answer to your question Speedy :

The reason you saw that in the tactica is quite simple, that was how the skill worked when we designed it. Bue since Ex Illis is a software-assisted game, it allows us to patch up the game and at some point in development, Gloat changed to an Offensive Stance instead, so didn't need the "kill a hero" requirement to use.

:)

OfflineProfile