It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 1:06 am

Post subject: Morale bonus
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:24 am 

I have been playing around with the items and I wanted to try out the items that increase base morale (eg. of the Soldier, of the Baron, etc.). However, I didn't see any difference in-game or in the muster. How does it supposed to work? Had anyone tried these items?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Morale bonus
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:07 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

yes morale is my favorite way to play Exillis.

Most of the items you get from the treasure chests are not worth much usually an increase of anything less than 50% won't make a noticeable change in gameplay.So you have to forge your own properties usually to get them to a high enough level.

It usually takes adding the same feature twice on a item or chaining up several items with the same property to get a high enough number to see significant change in the gameplay. if the figure only has a few items then you have to spend a lot of money to make an item, if the figure has several items you can chain up the same property and all the items. the magical property that best helps a unit is: of the Prince, of the King, of the Emperor. as this increases the base morale and morale sensitivity. Remember fatigue prevention also gives you some morale protection as troops that tire increase their morale sensitivity so the first feature(tonic, and invigorating ) I almost always give when forging an item for my troops.so to harden up the unit start with fatigue prevention then followed by what ever quality I'm looking for. for making increased qualities I start with an elite item so I can get the highest possible percentage available. You can forge two identical items and get different percentages on each item. Peter the blacksmith work quality depends upon if he's drinking or not :lol: .

Of course I also use items to lower the stats on units, to make a cheaper unit,

I have one unit of Spearman that I can make like the 300 Spartans after their items they have a base morale increased 71%
morale sensitivity increased 119%
fatigue increased 258%
hit points increased 96%

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:08 pm 

But how is it calculated? Say if I have an item that gives 19% base morale to a unit of Spearmen (base morale 80), then shouldn't it bring the morale up to 95? And is it calculated before or after general motives?

And no, I can't simply look at it because when I give them the item their morale remains the same, both in the muster and in-game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:34 am 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Enfid wrote:
But how is it calculated? Say if I have an item that gives 19% base morale to a unit of Spearmen (base morale 80), then shouldn't it bring the morale up to 95? And is it calculated before or after general motives?

And no, I can't simply look at it because when I give them the item their morale remains the same, both in the muster and in-game.

you are absolutely right, I just made a muster with four units of Spearman. no items on one unit, 17% base morale boost on the next unit , morale sensitivity and base morale, in increasing amounts on the next two, when I look them up in the game all of them had the basic morale the same, in other words the item feature is not working correctly, the morale sensitivity however did show up/ I think we should report this as a bug.

OfflineProfile