It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 10:20 pm

Post subject: the Paladin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:52 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

the Knights of the church are unique indeed they have sworn vow of absolute obedience and poverty so they are motivated completely different from the standard Knights who seek fame and glory. Of course there are many orders within the Paladin world each faction has a focused mission.

the famous Templar Knights that fought in the Crusades (tempered by those harsh desert climate the endurance level of these knights were unsurpassed

But there were also other monastic orders like:
the order of St. Lazarus (purported to have power of resurrection)

Teutonic Knights ( a grim harsh fighting knights in Prussia style kill or be killed very aggressive )

Then there are the great knightly orders that hold to the high chivalry code:

the order of the Dragon
unique in their ability to fight creatures of darkness, they are very reserved about killing men even if the men are serving the darkness, but against the unnatural creatures born of the the cursed fog, they are devastating. 2X weapon accuracy, and damage against nonhuman, .5 weapon accuracy and damage against human

the order of the Golden fleece
purported to have mystical powers able to transport themselves through time and space.
able to transport one extra tile, and can move through tiles fully occupied.

the order of St. Michael
( this order chooses to be led by angelic beings, if so they will fight to the last man and never flee the battlefield, but are very uncooperative when led by mere humans) moral Base 200% sensitivity -50% led by angelic leader.morale base Cut in half led by human leader an increased sensitivity.

The order of the Most Holy Annunciation
these Knights were able to receive messages upon on high, prophetic Knights,that could be warned of any flanks are rear charges upon themselves. they will automatically safely exit a tile even when engaged, if there is a flank are rear charge upon them.

The order of the Thistle
(amazing healers of not only of themselves but any units they came in contact with gain health and rest which would always rally there spirits of the units around them)

The order of the Elephant
Built of strong Danish stock the toughness and strength of these Knights were unmatched in the known world. Taking damage and dealing it out, these big nights on their massive warhorses were devastating.

The order of St. George
These sacrificial Knights are the slayers of great beasts and impossible odds, they pour their very life essence into a heroic suicide charge, from which even the mightiest of beasts and strongest enemies falls. When they charge all their remaining hit points are automatically added to the damage, they use they are very life to bring death to the enemy.

Of course there was the order of the Garter
Really it was the British Kings way of pretending that he had a religious order even their motto was "evil to him who evil thinks" in other words we are going to kick the ass of those people we don't like by calling them evil.
But they were famous for one thing these Knights would take a hit (half of their hit points) and fall down on the battlefield as if dead, only to jump up on the next turn and ambush
the unsuspecting enemy, the trick always works.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: the Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

WHAT ! :o

40 views and not one comment :|

Come on guys add some of your creativity to the mix

I sure there were there historical orders I missed
that you might like to see charging across the Exillis field of battle :?:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm 

My favourite is the Knight Hospitaller, but I'm not sure what they'd do. An ability to heal every ally (or one unit) for a small health?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

Enfid wrote:
My favourite is the Knight Hospitaller, but I'm not sure what they'd do. An ability to heal every ally (or one unit) for a small health?

ah yea the order of St. John the Knights of Malta they were one of the major players in the Crusades especially around Jerusalem

Let's see Knight Hospitaler the great defenders of the church healers :idea:

whenever the Mendicum are on the battlefield the Knights Hospitaler are there to defend them above all other military orders. if The Mendicum are within two tiles of the Hospitaler Knights they gain a morale leadership bonus.

Regardless of where the knights are on the battlefield (even engaged) if the Mendicum are being attacked the Hospitler Knights will in their turn automatically counterattack and defend The Mendicum , sweeping across the battlefield even weaving through tiles full of engagements they will pounce on any enemy that seeks to harm their beloved healing brothers.

Their skill with a lance is so refined that they never harm, their own units when they charge a tile with units in their war band.

they possess the healing arts and can heal themselves,

they possessed the skill of fortifying ruins ( lots of practice repairing crusader fort something historically they were good at)
Any ruined tile that they use their fortified skill cost 1,250 AcP protection against shooting is doubled, from 16 to 32 and the elemental resistance is 75%

what you think?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:07 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

@Yosef

Personally, its not fun for me to muse about ideas. Especially since there have been no developments in the game for a while now.

Also, I'm too lazy to read your novella sized posts.

But keep up the good work!!! :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm 
Bleeding Edge Knight

MadNes wrote:
@Yosef

Personally, its not fun for me to muse about ideas. Especially since there have been no developments in the game for a while now.

Also, I'm too lazy to read your novella sized posts.

But keep up the good work!!! :D

I agree that the silence from the Bastion team really dampers ones hope that the game will continue. Indeed that why have focused these posts on discussions of units they have in their inventory that they can add a few skills to and change a few stats and be able to continue.

I'm sorry about my lengthy posts us Jewish people are long-winded :lol:

OfflineProfile